1992 S-10 4.3 timing question

Hey all I have a question on how to time my truck (92 S-10 Blazer 4.3 tbi), The question is HOW DO I TIME THE IGNITION. The manual says to follow the istructions on the emissions label under the hood, I would If the label was readable. What wire has to be disconnected and where is it? Thanks Steve

Reply to
seeray

Assuming its the same as my '94 4.3 , Chilton's says 0 deg., disconnect wire tan with black stripe taped to engine harness near distributor.

--reed

Reply to
Reed

I have to disagree with Chilton for where the EST Bypass wire is. Depending what Chilton means by "near the distributor", it won't be right next to it. This connector is a tan/black wire that either breaks out of one of the main engine harness's under the hood directly in front of the passenger seat. If it is here, "usually" the plastic relay cover has to be removed to expose the harnes. (this location more common on the full-size trucks in the earlier 90's). The other location is in the passenger foot area. Directly above where a person's feet would rest, there is another large harness, kinda by the blower motor. I've only found ECM's behind the kick panel and NOT this EST Bypass wire..

The key is to look closely. This singe wire connector breaks out of a "Wire Loomed Protected Harness". From the factory, this is taped with black electrical tape to the harness it breaks out of. If somebody has removed this tape, it's much more obvious. If it's never been touched, then it's a little harder to notice...

According to my 1993 Bravada manual (which is pretty much the same thing as a Jimmy/Blazer). It says..... "The connector breaks out of a taped section below the heater case in the passenger compartment (Figure C4-2)."

HTH

Nick

Reply to
Skeechmaster

it's a tiny single wire w/connector. You'll need to peel back the top of the carpet just a little bit, below the glove box heater area.....My 91 S-10 specs saz: time at 0=B0

Reply to
ken

Reply to
seeray