1992 S10 Blazer power window or regulator?

How do you know if its a power regulator or the motor? My drivers door window will roll down about 1/2 an inch to 1" then stop. If I wait a while
and do it again it will roll down a bit farther. Going up is really bad.
Is this the motor or the regulator? I can get a used one from the junk yard for $20 if I give them the core in exchange. Since mine are revited in from the factory, I thought about taking the back door motor out and putting that into my drivers door. Then I can use the bad motor at a later time to take with me to exchange.
Are the two interchangable? Are there any tricks to look out for when changing the motor? I assume I need to tape the glass in palce while the motor is out?
--
Lannie

1992 S10 Blazer Tahoe
Lannie Schafroth wrote:

Usually this is the motor. It is binding and causes the CircuitBreaker for the power windows to trip. After the CB cools, that's when window will move a little again. I have done 2 of these, always driver door as it is most used.
look at http://www.a1electric.com/s10motor.htm for some good instructions, You can probably skip the checking with meter since motor does run some.
RE Core, won't the yard take a "core deposit", maybe $25, that you get back on returning old motor ? Why tear into another door if you don't have to ?? The one is going to be enough work !!!
Good luck--
thanks for the info.....
I was trying to be CHEAP and not pay thye core. :) hehe
Lannie

Lannie Schafroth wrote:

Yes they are the same BUT they are a BI^&H to remove just to save a couple bucks. Oh if your going to buy a used motor from a yard tell them you need the one from a REAR window because they usually get used less.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

I was trying to be CHEAP. :)
I'm glad I saw your instructions in the link. It helps a lot!!
Lannie

On Jul 2, 6:53am, "Lannie Schafroth" <lannie at ct-iowa dot com> wrote:

Hey Lannie,
I had a similar problem with my 1993 S10 Blazer and I subscribed to ALLDATAdiy.com and it has been very useful. I am handy and like to do things myself and this subscription gives me diagnosis, repair, TBSs, recalls and labor times. I hoep you find it useful.
Check it out - I copied the link below for you.
http://traffic.alldatadiy.com/cgi-bin/redir?pd_link=i1-a44690-o4010-c66365
Andy Deil