1993 Chevy G20 Van

I have a 1993 Chevy G20 van ( 5.7 litre ) with 126,000 miles & it has been running smooth & perfect......But lately it dies when I come to a stop &
sometimes when I go to start it - It just won't start at all., Sometimes it will start -then after I put it in Drive,it goes for a few feet , then it dies. I'm not sure whats the problem??
Could it be a "fuel pump".....and if so -where is it located on this vehicle ?
Thanks , Dan