1993 GMC 4x4 5 speed transmission problems

Hey giuys, is there anyone out there who had worked on one of these beasts? I've got the tranni spit in half and the shifting selector removed (ie: both
roll pins removed), but can't seem to figure out how to remove the counter shaft and the tail shaft from the rear half of the case.
Thanks Garry