1994 chevy ex-cab 4x4

My husband has a 94 chevy 1500 4X4 ex-tend cab 5 speed truck. It is making a wierd noise (rattling type) when you shift into the higher gears and when you are going a certain speed. He thinks it may be a
bearing going out in the rear-end. The u-joints were both just changed and so that was ruled out. Can someone please give me some advice on what this noise might be. This started happening around Christmas when we had a nice ice/snow storm and we tried to go on the ice. It sounds like something has broke loose but everything we have thought and changed hasnt solved this. Any advice would be great. Thanks Shellie
have to ask this, have you had it professionally look at? If not maybe you should!
--
Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at
author's request