1994 Chevy S10 Truck Fuel pump

My friend is trying to replace his fuel pump in a 1994 Chevy S10. Where exactly is it? One thing says it is on the gas tank (?).
Thanks.
DALadyCO

Inside the gas tank!

The fuel pump is in the inside of the tank secured by a ring on the outside of the tank in which you can a screw driver and tap it off, then theres a rubber seal that will need replaced under that. Have fun getting the new one back in place.

Of course, to reduce the chances of spark around fuel vapors, a brass drift or punch is preferred for tapping duties...

Absolutely.
I had some 1/2" copper pipe laying around from the last 2-meter antenna I built, so I beat one end flat and used it.
Sparks + 20 gallons of fuel vapor= BAD NEWS.

IN the gas tank. You can remove the tank or remove the truck box, then the pump will be on top secured with a ring retainer.
--
Steve Williams