1994 k1500 5.7 has no low end power

my truck has no power at low rpm untill about 3500 rpm then runs strong. The exaust sounds different but it is not pluged ive done a tune up plugs wires cap roter air and fuel filter checked the timeing and put in a tps,
map senser ignition modual none have made any difference. checked compretion good on all cylinders 140psi fuel pressure is also good. it also stalls in reverse on small hills becouse i have to floor it. it also runs smooth not skipping. any help or ideas thank you
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

How many miles? You may have a bad cat, I had sort of the same problems when the cats on both my Dodge and Chevy went out.

If the exhaust is plugged, like with a bad cat, it will run worse as the RPM goes up.
Al