1994 k1500 5.7 ltr --- loss of power

Any way I have a 1994 Chevy Blazer 5.7 ltr

All of a sudden I have loss of power. Poor acceleration. truck start fine

This I have checked and replaced

Replaced

Spark plugs and wires fuel filter

Checked

timing is set to specifications - ok vacuum leak check with carb cleaner around base of throttle body - ok vacuum was 21psi at idle and increased to 25 psi when accelerated checked coil continuity per Haynes repair manual - ok

Is there a way to check if catalytic converter is clogged? I thought the vacuum test would show that Maybe fuel pump?

Reply to
Neoinbiz

Also I did compression test all pistons are roughly 150-160 psi

Reply to
Neoinbiz

Worn injectors? I replaced mine at 100K, truck had more pep.

For the Cat I had made a fitting that replaced teh EGR valve. Drove around and watched the pressure guage to see if the cat was clogged. Wound up replacing it anyway once it started to rattle.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

That would have to be last resort. The loss of power is very significant. Not minor

Reply to
Neoinbiz

Is it okay when it first starts up ad runs and then gets worse or is it constant?

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Loss of power is still present...

I replaced O2 Sensor and gutted catalytic converter.

Does anyone know where the EST connector is for timing. It is not located near the black cover on the passenger side like my book indicates?

Would fuel pump cause loss of power?

Reply to
Neoinbiz

Gutting the converter kinda hurts more than it helps unless it is plugged but that is kinda rare.

If the kncik control is in a fail mode it would keep spark "dialed back" all the time and reduce performance a lot. TIme temporaily advanicing timing to 6 or 8 BTC and see how it runs.

It could if the engine is leaning out under load from low fuel pressure.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

hey I have the same symptoms on my 95 tahoe, i was hoping you may have figured out what the cause was by now, i had a diagnostics down and i was told i had idle air control problem and fuel pump relay or circuit fault. but I'm not sure where to go from here was hoping you could give me some insight or point me in the right direction. if so email me back at my email its snipped-for-privacy@msn.com, i'd appreciate any help i can get thanks Elly

Reply to
ellyjn