1994 S-10 Blazer 4.3 Vortec W vin

Has anyone found a better way to fix the stupid leaking oil cooling lines leading from the engine to the filter? I know that Chevy screwed up when they used aluminum crimped hose fittings to make these, but i
was hoping someone found a better way to solve the problem. I can't drive comfortably knowing the stupid thing might explode and i'll eat a vortec motor from no oil pressure. Thanks in advance.
M Russon
I replaced the ones on my wife's 94 with the new improved units and they seem to be better, however the best solution I have seen was to use the adapters from the old style units, thread the outputs for standard AN line fittings, then run nice braided lines to the filter housing and to the oil cooler. All of the shelf stuff and no leaks. That is what I'm planning on doing next time. Steve W.
--
Pacifism - The theory that if they'd fed
Jeffrey Dahmer enough human flesh,

Kind of like this?
http://www.eastcoastzr2.com/FAQs/OilLineFix.htm
I might try this to my '91 soon, although I'd rather find the parts locally.
Almost. The one I looked at had the fittings for the hose threaded directly into the adapters. No added cutting and flaring. Nothing from the old lines was used.
Steve W.
--
Pacifism - The theory that if they'd fed
Jeffrey Dahmer enough human flesh,

directly
lines
Well that sounds even better. :o)