1995 chevy blazer won't start

my husband was drinving home from work he cold not get over 35 mph when all of the sudden the blazer shut off completely the rpm's right before was around 5,000 at 35 mph,hooked it up to computer coded a map sensor and
throttle position sensor replaced them still will not start.when you try to start it,it acts like it wants to fire you can smell a dtrong gas odor but will not turn over.we have already replaced,plugs,wires,distributer cap,rotor button.any suggestions????
It sounds flooded, although that doesn't explain why it would shutoff at 35mph. Did you verify that you had spark?
John Manner wrote:

    If it was flooded changing the spark plugs should have aired out the cylinders. Normially when your remove a spark plug on a flooded cylinder the plug will be wet with fuel, and you should get a strong oder of fuel. Charles
bowlerbabe67 wrote:

    Check for spark. If no spark check for signal to the coil. If the coil is getting signal to spark, replace coil. If no signal to coil check the magnetic pick ups. if they are getting signal, next check the control module. Charles