1995 Cheyenne doors will not open by inside handle

Is there a fix for the length of the rod inside the door to keep from breaking off the inside handle? The outside handle always opens the door. Both doors have same problem. I replaced the driver door latch. That did not fix the problem. The handle worked with door panel removed. Is there an interference problem? Chevy parts say they sell lots of inside door handles because of this defect.

Reply to
volkswag

Fixed it by replacing the broken PLASTIC door handle that was cracked at the weak pivot point same as what happens with my '82 VW Rabbit. I've replaced a drawer full of those. Now let's see how long this one last. Gary

Reply to
volkswag

Have a S-10 Blazer that has broke the small return spring in the inside handles several times. A real bitch to replace

Reply to
Ken