1995 K1500 Silvarado Inside Door Handle

Well a new problem happened this afternoon.......got home an pulled the door handle to get out........nothing!.......had to start truck back up and roll
the window (power) down and use the outside door handle to open door and then roll window back up before shutting down again. So, question is....where to start.............inside door handle replacement or what? Have heard that this is a week link on the 88 thru 98 models...................Mark
The rest of the inside door handle came loose this morning when I was messing with it, so went to ABC auto parts and they had the inside door handle assembly in stock for $12.32. Guess I will tackle that tomorrow..............Mark