1995 sonoma 4cyl 2.2l 2wd 5spd man. loc'n of switch on trans for backup lights.

Hi everyone, I've got a 1995 gmc sonoma, the 4cyl 2.2l engine 2wd 5spd manual trans.
I'm trying to find the switch on the transmission for the back-up
lights as recently they've stopped working. I've checked the fuses, and the bulbs etc. I'm guessing that when I last changed the clutch there was some damage to either the switch or wiring that has now caused a short.
Any ideas? Please feel free to get back to me directly snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
Where can I find the switch on the transmission, will I have to drop the transmission to access it?
Have a look at The Brake switch...It well be on your Foot Brake have a look at the brake pedal..There is a switch near the top of the arm and it works with a pin arm that rest against the pedal it might of come loose with working on the clutch..some you can adjust maybe all or might have lost the power connection I hope it helps you...I might be wrong...But its a start good luck
: : Where can I find the switch on the transmission, will I have to drop : the transmission to access it? :
Here's my guess - check the steering column. There (might) be a pin that moves the switch when the gear selector is moved.

thanks for the replies, i've actually found what i was looking for after talking to a mechanic friend, just needed to get the truck up on the jackstands to be able to get under far-enough to see the switch on the side of the tranny, jumpered a wire between the two wires to confirm that it was indeed the switch that is dead (a 10-15$ part) easy fix thanks for replies