1995 Tahoe squeaks when in reverse...

I have a 95 tahoe 4x4... about 106K on it... trans shifts fine, but when I back up, I get a sqeaky noice that increases as my speed increases... is this in the tranny? drive shaft? u-joint? any ideas would be appreciated.

"royonic" wrote

I would agree that a u-joint is probably the first thing to suspect.
Ian
I had a similar problem and it was the u-joint.