1996 5.7l hard cold start

I have a 1996 3/4 tom 5.7l 4x4 truck that has become hard to start when it has been sitting more than about 5 or 6 hours. I put a new fuel pump and filter in about 18 months ago. Other than that not much ells has been done.

You might start by checking ECTS (Engine coolant temps sensor) because if it is bad the cold mixture will not be properly enriched and can make starting harder ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Two common problems come to mind on Chevy trucks. When the fuel pump needs replaced we use only GM pumps and always put in a new fuel regulator with it. We found not replacing the regulator can sometimes ruin the new pump. We also run into late model Chevy trucks that run rough when cold and okay when warm. That is normally the intake manifold gaskets leaking. Those are expensive to buy and take a few hours labor time.