1996 blazer 4x4

have a problem with a loud thumping in front end when turning corners. Dont do it all the time but goes in spurts. sounds almost like a jack hammer on low speed. Turning left or right dont seem to matter but i think it does it more so turning left. took it into the shop and they couldnt find nothing wrong and it didnt do it for them on test drive. The inside strip on both front tires was badly worn so they did an alignment. any one got any ideas?

Reply to
astral79

Check the torsion bar mounts. The torsion bars are mounted on a cross member that bolts to the frame with thick rubber mounts. I've replaced mine on my 94 S-10. When I jacked up the cross member I could se the rubber separate from the frame.

R> have a problem with a loud thumping in front end when turning corners.

Reply to
Ronald Thompson