1997 3500 Chevy Vortec 454

I have a 1997 Chevy 3500 with a Vortec 454. The check engine light came on about two months ago. I guess you can say I made a dumb mistake and never had it checked. We have a Suburban that the check engine light has been coming on for over two years. When I talked to a mechanic about it he said that it was the gas/air sensor and it really would not hurt anything, so we have left it alone and sure enough no problem. So being as it was I figured the Truck was doing about the same thing since the truck has 135,000 miles. No changes in performance and all gauges worked fine. Finally, this weekend the truck died and now I have no fire to the plugs. All fuses check out OK and the reading is showing RPM but the code P1345 is coming up. So any idea on what it might be and how to solve the problem. Thanks Keith

Reply to
colerae

How can your mechanic know what the code is? Did he physically check it? When you get a service engine light,always check to see what it is. Why would you assume it`s no big deal? The light is coming on for a reason. Fixing it now,will save money in the long run.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

P1345 = Crankshaft position sensor/Camshaft position sensor correlation error

So, either one (or both) of the sensors or shot, or you've slipped or broken the timing chain. This likely has nothing to do with the no spark problem.

Check for spark at the coil. Check the coil for voltage.

Doc

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

"Doc"