1997 Chevy K2500 way too rich

OK I started with a tune-up (plugs,wires,cap&rotor,and fuel filter) Started running Way too rich backfires through the exhaust and gets really bad mileage(duh). I don't have access to a OBD2 machine and there is also no check engine light on! Where do I go from here?

Reply to
tbillsfan

OK I started with a tune-up (plugs,wires,cap&rotor,and fuel filter) Started running Way too rich backfires through the exhaust and gets really bad mileage(duh). I don't have access to a OBD2 machine and there is also no check engine light on! Where do I go from here?

Reply to
tbillsfan

Does it run fine cold and then load up when it warms up?

Reply to
TheSnoMan

Might be that the wires are crossed..I did that one time!

Reply to
Andy & Carol

Check your firing order. Make sure all the plugwires on both ends are nice and snug.

Reply to
snay