1997 Chevy Suburban 454 distributor cap

Page 1 of 2
Can anyone here tell me the intake manifold has to be removed to replace the distributor cap on a 1997 Chevy Suburban with a 454 Votec engine?

the
That's a joke right? Of course not.
Doc

Doc, Can I take it that your answer means no? Or does it mean that you don't know what a 454 Vortex engine inside of a 1997 Chevy Suburban looks like?
Jabs

Nope, never seen one or worked on one. In fact, I don't have the snowballest clue in hell what I'm talking about with regards to everything automotive.
Anyhow smartass, you may or may not have a cover that makes access to the cap difficult. This is NOT the intake manifold or even the upper intake plenum, but rather just a plain old piece of plastic designed to keep that area clean and dry. Remove the cover and the cap comes off with removal of two screws holding it to the distributor.
Doc
Doc, Thanks for the info about the two screws........ if only I could just find out how to get to them two screws.
Jabs

like?
of

don't
everything
the
that
OK Doc, I'm convinced you have never seen a 454 Vortex engine inside of a 1997 Chevy Suburban. Thanks for your help just the same.
Jabs

intake
removal
How hard can it be to find a distributor cap. You put gas or diesel in that thing. Besides, I think your problem is in the key switch...it's below the steering wheel.

looks
keep
NCIII, Never seen a 454 inside of a 97 Chevy Surburban? .....you neither, huh? Thanks for your reply just the same.
Jabs

you

looks
keep
Hairy You too, huh? Well, thanks for that info just the same.
Jabs

you
friggin troll
--
hank
2004 Chev Z71

that
Suburban
with
If you must feed the Trolls:
Please use D-Con!
Thank you,
Refinish King

have
designed
Change the record....

the
access
upper
. . . ====== 1997 Chevy Suburban 454 distributor cap Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, Jun 29, 2004, 3:50pm (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@NoSpam.Com (Jabs) Can anyone here tell me the intake manifold has to be removed to replace the distributor cap on a 1997 Chevy Suburban with a 454 Votec engine?
================ I can tell you that.
the intake manifold has to be removed to replace the distributer cap on a 1997 Chevy Suburban with a 454 Votec engine.
want me to tell you anything else?
MarshMonster ~shoot......he didn't say Simon says... bummer.....I never was any good at that game~ ======================
.
Jabs, I would like to offer my deepest apollogies for misunderstanding your OP in this thread.
here's what I read.......... ............. 1997 Chevy Suburban 454 distributor cap Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, Jun 29, 2004, 3:50pm (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@NoSpam.Com (Jabs)
Can anyone here tell me the intake manifold has to be removed to replace the distributor cap on a 1997 Chevy Suburban with a 454 Votec engine? .................
so onced again......forgive my original reply, and my misguided attempts at helping you repair your vehical in a proficient manner.
because......... after following the thread since it started, I now realize that whut you type and whut you mean are two entirely different things.
and....... jest to be sure that i had yer intellect placed at the appropriate level, I took time out of my hectic life to Google you a bit.
and...... whut I found out wuz.......
yer a shit for brains no nothing NG space wasting usless punk idiot boat wrecking can't fix nutt'n foul mouthed inacurate diagnostic usless info giving woosely whipped manhood doubting masterbating momma's boy waste of spit lonely schizo
PUKE OF A HUMAN BEING...........
so......
like i said......
please forgive my original reply
because....now that understand yer intellect, i realize that whut you wuz after wuz a confrontation.....
so.....
maybe this second reply is more of what you were after.
oh yeah...... and the guys over at boat forum would like to see you too.....
ggrrrrrrrrr MARSH MONSTER ~passes the doc and king the fresh shroom juice.....~ ==========================
Monster, Im ROTFLMFAO...cause you've got a lots of time....too much time.
Jabs
(Jabs)

I'm beginning to like this Marsh fellow more and more... 8)
(Jabs)

(Jabs)