1997 chevy truck 1345 timming code

Hey guys i just put a 5.7 in in my truck that had a 5.0 in it from the factory. Everything seems ok, it runs out ok,idles fine,good power but i cant get rid of the "service engine soon" light. It comes up with a

1345 code. Does anybody have any ideas on how to get ride of the problem.I did clear the code 1 time,and it came right back????? thanks for any help Chuck
Reply to
chuckvogel

Your are getting a correlation "error" between crank position sensor (CKP) and what GM calls a Cam Position Sensor (CPS or CMS). The CPS is in the distributor and serves no function other than and a check device to make sure distirbutor is properly aligned relative to crankshaft for timing. (distributor position does not effect timing but it does effect rotor contact/position relative to button in cap during firing). To put it simply, the distributor is out of position.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

A quick google and I came up with this