1997 GMC Suburban Door Panel & Brake Switch

I've got a '97 GMC Suburban that has some sort of issue with the drivers inside door handle and it's ability to open the door (drivers window must be rolled down and door opened with the exterior handle).
Autozone doesn't show instructions for a '97. Rather, if you choose a '97 model, you get directions for a circa 1990 instead. Anyone know of another good site that might show the step-by-step for getting that door panel off so I can inspect the linkage without tearing up the door panel?
Also have an issue with the brake switch on this rig. Brake lights work but especially when it's hot outside, you can't get the vehicle out of park once the engines running, the cruise control also doesn't work and seems related, etc so I'm looking to replace the brake switch also.
thanks for any help, Chris

Your door handle problem is the handle itself. It is broken. I had to replace 2 on my 99. The assembly is about $30 available at the dealer. You just start taking screws out of the handle area, and pop the upholstery panels off the door. You will have to virtually take the door apart to get to the place where you can replace the handle. You might consider replacing the light bulbs in the power window and door lock buttons while you are in there. Bobby

It's a safety device that requires foot on brake before shift in gear. It's the cheapest possible switch known but costs a few dollars more. Look for the one on the brake arm stop that has vacuum lines going to it.
Pete
On Jul 31, 9:31 am, snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

In which 1997 Suburban?

So it costs a few dollars more than the cheapest possible switch?

...in your non-1997 Suburban.

How can we even be sure this name is correct?
Toyota MDT in MO

Nice comeback. Seeing as I don't I pay too much attention to riceriders feel free to fuck off.
On Aug 1, 8:37 pm, snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

Touche. What a burn, especially since I don't "ride rice" by your figurative and retarded definition. I guess you *do* pay attention to american trucks based on your ignorant bullshit reply to the OP. Go back to eastern europe, peterless.
Toyota MDT in MO
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:31:04 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

Is this brake switch located above the steering column? I have a Haynes manual that shows a picture of the switch setting on a bench and that's it. Took a look under the dash in the region I would have expected the switch (having changed them on other vehicles in the past albeit years ago), and nada... Didn't see anything that matched the pic.

bracket. I may have an older year in mind on this setup and the switch may now be electric with a solenoid on the shifter.
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 06:00:42 -0700, cover

Try looking on the rod that goes from the brake pedal through the firewall to the brake booster. -- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM