1997 GMC truck stutter...

Have a 1997 GMC half ton. Has the 350 vortec in it. Fuel pump died while driving it. Towed home. Did the old dump bed trick to change the fuel pump. pull 6 bolts and loosen the 2 close to the tailgate and
lift the bed up from the front. Easy acces to the pump.
Now, it stutters. And is running rich. Also shifts a little funny. It ran perfect before. All vacume lines are hooked up. No leaks.
Changed fuel filter and pickup screen too. But, nothing got in the lines anyway. Or in the tank.
Help..
Have a 1997 GMC half ton. Has the 350 vortec in it. Fuel pump died while driving it. Towed home. Did the old dump bed trick to change the fuel pump. pull 6 bolts and loosen the 2 close to the tailgate and lift the bed up from the front. Easy acces to the pump.
Now, it stutters. And is running rich. Also shifts a little funny. It ran perfect before. All vacume lines are hooked up. No leaks.
Changed fuel filter and pickup screen too. But, nothing got in the lines anyway. Or in the tank.
Help..
you probally have a dirty fuel injector or possibly clogged....I would try running some Techron in it to possibly help.

I run techron in my system every 5th tank full. So, I don't think that's it. It ran fine before the pump change.
Is the check engine light on? Any codes in the computer?
You didint kink or obstruct the return line during the install of your pump, did you?
I am thinking that he has some water in the fuel tank that the newpump is picking up now and raising cane with injectors. Try a few bottle of dry gas in tank and then run it down a bit before you fill it up fresh. Also keeping it more than half full with redcue the chance of moisture from condensation and extend pump life too. You do not want to run tank low a lot with that system as it will shorten pump life because fuel cools and lubes pump motor too.

I've run about 90 miles on it now. Drives at speed fine. Stutters at start up and pumping to much gas. I'll check codes again tonight. Still running the same.
I didn't kink the hoses. It was easy to get to. I had the bed off. Didn't have to pull anything.
Truck has 143,000 on it. First time I had to change the fuel pump and owned since new.
Check the fuel pressure it may be the wrong pump and the pressure is too high, or the regulator is bad causing high pressure.

-
Found it...
Snay had it..
Had a twist in the return hose. Pulled bed off again and untwisted. Now all is good.
Did go buy a dewalt electric tourque wrench. Went lots quicker..
Thanks, Rick
Glad you found it, my $ was with Shep. Sounded like the wrong pump to me.
Rick wrote:

i would check fuel pressure i have had more than one new fuel pump be bad