1998 2500 w/5.0L P0340

Hi, all.
I've got a 1998 2500 Van with a 5.0L engine that's generating a P0340 shortly after start and immediately again after it's cleared. When it's
raining or very humid out it's running poorly, stalling, has no power.
From what (very) little I've been able to find, I think this engine doesn't actually have a cam position sensor, but rather uses the crank sensor and a waste spark ignition and senses the voltage / current difference between firing at the top of the compression stroke vs. firing at the top of the exhaust stroke to generate a cam postion signal. If that's the case, I think I'm probably dealing with a plugs / wires / coil type scenario.
Can anyone shed some more light on this for me?
Thanks!
The cps is in the distributor, the code means there is percieved circuit malfunction , you will need a step by step diagnostic trouble chart to properly diagnose this. Alldata.com is one online source.

-