1998 Blazer Air bag light

Hi all, I have a 1998 Chevy Blazer with about 72,000 miles on it. Lately the Air Bag warning light has been coming on when I'm driving down the road.. Sometimes its on for about a minute or so & other times it stays off
like it should be after starting the truck. The truck has never been in a accident or never had the air bags deployed before. ( I bought the truck new in Dec 1997) Has anyone has this kind of problem before? Any ideas what the problem is? Thanks for reading my post.
An airbag light indicates a fault in the wiring or sensors for an airbag. There is no way to tell what specifically causes your light to come on. You will have to take it somewhere to get the codes read from your computer.
Cheers - Jonathan
--
Jonathan A. Race
Lieutenant, EMS Supervisor