1998 Blazer Anti Freeze

Hi all, I'm looking to change out the anti freeze in my 98 Blazer. I was just wondering if it would be all right to switch to regular good old Green anti freeze instead of the crap that GM recommends. What's everyone think about this subject. Also is the drain plug on the passenger side of the radiator. It's hard to tell from the top. It looks like a lot more work to drain this truck than my 1970 Camaro Hot Rod is. Thanks for any comments. Duke.

Reply to
Big Duke

Duke, As long as you make sure that you flush your radiator completely. It is best to back flush it from one of the heater hoses. I run the good 'ole green in my '94 Balzer and have been for all 188,000 miles. The drain for mine is on the driver side and isn't that hard to get too. I think that yours is also on the driver side. Good Luck.

Swampy

Reply to
Swampyou

Reply to
jdoe

Your drain plug is on the passenger side. It's very difficult to get at from the top, unless you remove the fan shrouds and fan. If you go in thru the wheel well on that side, you might be able to get closer to it. I'll often just pull the lower rad hose off of the water pump to drain the coolant.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai