1998 Blazer Catalytic Converter

Hi all,
I had a exhaust rattling on my 1998 Blazer. My local Chevy dealer said the catalytic converter is rotting out & causing the rattling. They give me a
price of $425.00 to install a new one. They also said that it could break up to the point that it could plug up the exhaust system & cause it to break down on the road somewhere. My questions are will the after market converters work just as well here? What's really involved here for me to do it myself? It looks like only 6 bolts will remove the whole thing. Will it effect my emissions system here for inspection in New York State? Any comment or suggestions? Thanks for reading my post.
Big Duke
Big Duke, your handle is the same as my lifetime friend also from NY. You can put andirect fit AM cat on there and they will pass emissions, most major muffler shops can do this.

-

You can buy replacement cats, from Magnaflow or Dynomax that will be direct fit or even universal fit that will work for your application. I just bought uni fit cats for my truck, $55.00 each and $40.00 ea to have them welded in.
As long as they are the cats designed for your application, regardless of source, you should have no problems with emissions, even in NY.

I got one from CT convert a few years ago. Good prices. PS I'm in NY.
www.ctconvert.com