1998 Blazer sun roof closing problem

Hi, I've got a '98 Blazer. The sun roof will close up to about the last 3 inches then I have to hit the switch 3 or 4 times before it closes completely. Everytime I hit the switch it closes about another inch,
then stops so I have to release and hit the switch again. I keep doing this process until it is finally closed.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? BTW it opens normally.
Thanks, AJ
AJay wrote:

Check for dirt in the channel, maybe spray with WD40 or other type of lubricant/cleaner to see if that will be of help...