1998 Chevrolet - warm engine slow to start

I have a 1998 Chevy Suburban. I've fixed several problems with the vehicle and am left with two.
First the vehicle starts great when the engine is cold but, the
starter cranks very slow when it's warm. Almost like it is working harder to start. I have had the battery tested and replaced the alternator earlier.
The second problem has to do with the front and rear AC. The AC is very cold in the rear of the vehicle but, the front part of this split system in the dash is warm. I just replace the dash mounted AC/heater control. I know the system is working because the rear section of the vehicle is blowing out cold air.
Any help would be appreciated.
First you could have a starter going bad once it gets warm/hot from engine temperature. The other thing that comes to mind is that the timing is set too advanced. You will need to check and see if the distributor is adjustable on your particular engine. If so, knock it back a few degrees.
For the A/C, I can tell you about a Dodge Caravan w/rear A/C I once owned. If the system began to get just a little low, the rear air was ice cold and front would get luke warm. I would add 1 can and the front would do great then. I had to add a can once every 2 summers. It seemed the rear needed less charge to cool the evaperator than the front.
Good luck, James

James, thanks for the heads up on the A/C. I had a partial can of 134a attached to a recharge kit. I just got back in from adding the can and that did it, both front and back are working. I'll look into the starter and/or timing tomorrow.
Thanks for the good information, Darren

Forget looking at timing as it is not the issue here. Sometimes a hot motor can take a lot more power to start than a cold one. Over 30 years ago I had this Chevy Impala SS with a 396 that developed a hot start problem. It kind drove me nutz for a while and tried new cables, starter and a few other things. SOmeone suggested a new battery even though other one "tested" good. I went out and bought one (the most powerfull one I could find) and never had another hot start issue with it. Sometimes when batteries get hot they can loose power too. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com