1998 chevy pick up

Hi i have a 98 silerado pickup 5.7 we were changing fuel pump in tank and one line was broken the one that needs a tool to remove could we just cut it at
the end and put a fuel line with 2 clamps
Mike
NO!
There is a repair kit sold for that particular purpose at most auto part stores.
The pressure will over come the two clamps and blow your ass up, to put it mildly.
Refinish King