1998 Chevy S1500 4x4 350 Electrical System

Intermittent issue, total electrical power loss randomly. Last time no power at all when went to start this evening. Tried again in a few minutes and started normally. Saw in another post for 98 Blazer, to check/clean/rework the positive connection at the battery. When problem occurs, a clicking can be heard, somewhere in the dash, unable to pinpoint so far. I see no other posts here for similar issue, must be rare?

-- Message posted using

information at

timtoolman1953

not rare, common. be sure and clean the posts and all connectors good. brush and wash with baking soda, then rinse with fresh water. old john

Hello, timtoolman1953! You wrote on Sun, 02 Sep 2007 22:47:21 -0400:

t> Intermittent issue, total electrical power loss randomly. Last time no t> power at all when went to start this evening. Tried again in a few t> minutes and started normally. Saw in another post for 98 Blazer, to t> check/clean/rework the positive connection at the battery. When problem t> occurs, a clicking can be heard, somewhere in the dash, unable to t> pinpoint so far. I see no other posts here for similar issue, must be t> rare?

With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
<ajeeperman