1998 Chevy Silverado Dimmer Switch Replacement

Need to replace dimmer switch. What is a good estimate of labor hours chargeable? Need to remove air bag and possibly steering column is what we are told. Does anyone know what is actually involved?

Thread archive:

http://www.AutoBoardz.com/1998-Chevy-Silverado-Dimmer-Switch-Replacement-ftopict248934.html Last time I had the multifunction switch replaced at a a dealer two years back (2002 Impala, but essentially it's the same procedure it was around $500. Most of that cost ($300) was the GM parts price of the switch.