1998 K1500 - Front End Clunking Noise

I have a 1998 K1500 with about 150k miles on it. It is making a loud clunking noise when I turn to the right and will especially make a loud noise if the sttering wheel is truned to the right and I hit some sort of
bump. Could this be a CV joint? I also read another article on here about a possible transmission mount. Thanks.
Forest
Check the steering shaft clamp bolts.
I don't think it has CV joints.

Good advice, but also look at your upper and lower control arm bushings.
Garrett Fulton

it's a 4 wheel drive so it has 4 CV joints... two inner plunging tri-pod type and two outer ball and race type joints. it is doubtful that it's a CV joint though, as those usually only make noise under power and make a clicking noise. have somebody turn the wheel back and forth and look for any slop in your steeing system and then turn the wheel all the way to the right and push the truck up and down and look for any movement where there shouldn't be.
-Bret
Check the torsion bar mounts. The torsion bars mount to a crossmember. This crossmember is mounted to the frame via the mounts. These mounts have both ends connected via a piece of thick rubber. You can push up on each end of the crossmember (a jack can be used) to see if the crossmember separates from the frame. If so the mount needs replaced.
To change unbolt the mount,jack up that end of the frame, remove the mount anrd reinstall the new mount.
I had one bad mount, but changed both so I would not have to do the other side later.