1998 Suburban: Miles expected?

Just turned 100k, seems like it might finally be debugged - at least it hasn't stranded me lately.

From the sound of other posts, going for 250 doesn't sound all that unrealistic.

A local mechanic services a Tahoe that some guy uses for messenger service that supposedly has 350k on it.

OTOH a guy I spok to who drives for the local limo service that runs big Dodge vans says they retire them at around 200-250 because the welds in the body are coming apart by then

Anybody have a 'burb prognosis? I'm thinking the tranny *has* to go sometime between now and 250.... How about the body? Any rule of thumb on longevity?

Reply to
(Pete Cresswell)

I have a 1990 with 174,000+ miles on it and it runs great. My neigbor's

1970-something Burb is a daily driver (he's an independent contractor) and he's had very litte trouble with it. As far as the tranny goes, if it doesn't have an external cooler on it, install one. Just buy the biggest one you can get that will fit. My truck has external coolers on the tranny, engine and power steering and I don't have any cooling problems.
Reply to
Rich B