1999 Blazer Power Door Lock Actuator/Assembly

I recently purchased a 1999 Blazer 4-door 4x4 LS. The driver-door automatic lock has never worked on it (since I've owned it). When I press the lock button on the remote (or on the door) all the doors
will lock except the driver's door. It will lock if I do it manually (press down on the lock itself). The door does unlock just fine (both manually and with the remote).
I figured it was the power-lock actuator, but when I call the Chevy dealer they tell me I'll have to get the whole lock assembly for $131. I looked online and a few junkyards said they can sell the actuator for anywhere from $30 to $50. One online parts place had it new for $37.56. They said it was LEFT DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR part # (25664288). That doesn't sound the same as the lock assembly. Anyone have any idea what I actually need, or where I can take a peek at some schematics?
Thanks,
Bryce
I don't know what your truck needs, but it sounds like the truck thinks there's a key in the ignition. My 99 Z71 won't let the driver's door lock if you leave the key in it. Just my 02. . . .