1999 Chevrolet Blazer-stuck in 4HI

We have a Blazer that will not come out of 4HI, it is a push button 4WD. It will go between 4HI and 4LO but not back into 2HI. We can here the transfer case trying to shift into 2HI but will not complete. It
remains in 4HI. Please help, do not want to take into dealership.
You likely have a bad actuator and given the vehicle age it is quite possible. Also check the front axle disconnect on passanger side of front differental. Is it does not disengage properly, the 4x4 light will stay on even though the Tcase may not actually be engaged.

The front end does not have an actuator it runs off of cable. Transfer case- when it tries to go into 2HI it jumps right back to 4HI.

They is a vacum actuator that is electrically controled that runs the cable that controls front axle disconnect. If it does not cycle properly, the 4x4 light can stay on. I have GM manuals on it here and it can be a bit messy to trouble shoot for looking at the test proceedures. (one reason why I would never own a push botton 4wd drive system) If it is not the front axle, there could be several possible causes.