1999 silverado tow/haul not working

Hey guys,
I boosted some guy and after that my horn and tow/haul didnt work. I found the fuse for the horn and it was blown. So needless to say, that
part was easy to fix. My tow/haul didnt work either. Whats up with that? Any ideas? I cant seem to find a fuse or anything.
Thanx for any help

I never jump anybody with anything newer than 1990, hell i was hesitant to do that. thats one reason i keep my old chevy's around, less to go wrong when you try to jump start someone
I'm not sure what the problem is with your truck but I have jump started tractors and heavy equipment with my 2000 Z71 GMC since it was new [probably 200-300 times] and I have never encountered one problem.

I agree there is no danger of jumping if done correctly (you do not cross polarity) ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
The fuse blew twice in my 2000 Sierra for the horn. Both times after leaning on the horn to avoid an accident. After reading your post I decided to check my TOW/HAUL and it isn't working either. If someone has an idea on what could cause this please reply ASAP.
Thanks, G

OK, just went out and too a look at it. It appears that the wire is broken near the shifter linkage on the column. Any tips on taking the shifter out?

Is there enough wire to splice or repair it? ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Nope not enough room and not enough slack. it will have to come apart.