1999 Suburban GCWR

I just bought the above vehicle. K2500 with the 7.4L engine and 3.73 rear end.
I am planning on towing a trailer, and know that the maximum towing capacity is
8,000 lbs.
What I am looking for is the Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR) number.
Anybody know where to find it?
Mark "If you are swimming in the ocean and an eel bites you, its a moray"
On 7 May 2004 12:38:09 -0700, Mark Filice

can also email Chevy through their website. they've been quite helpful with towing info on my 88 k2500 pickup.
-Bret

Thanks. I've done that already a couple of days ago. Just waiting for them to get back to me....
Any ideas about getting ahold of the '99 towing guide?
Mark "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." --Mark Twain
On 7 May 2004 14:42:28 -0700, Mark Filice

have you tried www.helminc.com ?
-Bret

trailerlife.com has tow guides. if i read it right your gonnas sit at 8500 lbs

But my question was about the Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR). That is the most the Suburban AND a trailer can weigh combined when going down the road. It is a seldom sought figure--and helps out when looking at buying a travel trailer.
As a RV enthusiast, the rule of thumb is to take the GCWR of the tow vehicle, and subtract out the GVWR of it. The difference is the maximum that a pontential trailer should weigh.
I found out from Chevrolet this AM that the GCWR is 15,000 lbs. Since my GVWR is 8,600 lbs., I am looking at purchasing a trailer that has a GVWR of no more than 6,400 lbs..
That way I won't be tempted to overload the Suburban or the trailer.
Mark