1999 Tahoe 5.7 vortec supercharger

I am looking to install a supercharger on my 99 Tahoe w/o 4x4 , 5.7 Vortec. Anyone with experience on this or with suggestions with what works and don't?.....any ideas on namebrands? Who has the best out there.

Thanks!

Reply to
Carl & Lisa Griffith

you can get to

or
to find the products and read up on them if no one has any direct experience with them. Weiend seems to make the most reasonably priced one, that I've seen.

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

Does Weiand make one for EFI? Thought they only made blowers for carbed setups.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

no they don't... but if you got really creative and spent an assload of money on dyno time (and fuel mapping), I bet you could make a GM (4-71,6-71,

8-71) style roots blower setup work with throttle body injection. lots of the "big time" drag types use Enderle (or similar) fuel injection setups.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

NO, stay AWAY from the Detroit blowers. They're not nearly as efficient as the new ones coming out. And I know people used to use 'em, but that was before the newer technology. But if you want to fart around with one, find a Detroit diesel 6v-92 and rape the blower. Also if the detroit is dead that you're getting the blower off, check it VERY carefully, for endplay, lash etc... if the turbo blew it'll have forced shrapnel through the blower and it's all fawked. Those bastard Detroits will run till they eat themselves up.

A friend runs a kenny bell kit on his mustang, likes it ALOT. Puts 750 hp to the rear wheels, but there's lots into the engine too though.

| > Does Weiand make one for EFI? Thought they only made blowers for carbed | > setups. | >

| > Doc | >

| > > Snowman | > >

| |

Reply to
Luke

Choose your application.......

| | > Does Weiand make one for EFI? Thought they only made blowers for carbed | | > setups. | | >

| | > Doc | | >

5.7 | | > > Vortec. | | > > > Anyone with experience on this or with suggestions with what works | and | | > > > don't?.....any ideas on namebrands? Who has the best out there. | | > > >

| | | | |

Reply to
Luke

Or try a Whipple....

| | | | | | | | |

Reply to
Luke

Or you can go high end with a Hampton or Littlefield..... I also work with a guy that runs a Hampton with BDS pulleys, wow, his car is down in the

7's....

| | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Reply to
Luke

Errrrrr sorry, typo 6v-92 should read 6v-71.....

| | > Does Weiand make one for EFI? Thought they only made blowers for carbed | | > setups. | | >

| | > Doc | | >

5.7 | | > > Vortec. | | > > > Anyone with experience on this or with suggestions with what works | and | | > > > don't?.....any ideas on namebrands? Who has the best out there. | | > > >

| | | | |

Reply to
Luke

replying to Carl & Lisa Griffith, nathan hanover wrote: Wieand charger is the BOMB!!!

Reply to
nathan hanover