1999 Tahoe Backfires

My 1999 Tahoe, 2WD, Auto tranny, sometimes backfires through the intake when starting up after the engine has been warmed up. No check engine light on the dash as a result. Seems to happen after the engine has been
shut down for a few minutes and then restarted. I'm stumped, so's my mechanic, who's never heard of this happening. I'd appreciate any ideas.
Chuck
whose gas do you use? hess i'd bet.
--
remove one of the @'s unless you are a spammer.