1999 Z-71 5.3L Silverado "Fan" Noise Inside Dash....

I have heard this a couple of times and can not figure out what is making this noise. It sounds like some sort of cooling fan in the dash. At first I thought it was my CD spinning up, but I removed the CD and still heard it.
Here are the facts:
-Only heard it about 5 times since I bought the truck new -Hear it when truck is off, even if I remove the key I can still hear it -As soon as I open my door, it stops -Seems that I hear it when I am running the truck at low speeds (<20 MPH) for extended periods of time -It is not the AC/Heater fan
Any one else heard such a sound?
TIA
could it be the fan on back of the stereo? i have a single disc cd player in my 2000 z71, and it has a fan on back of it, tho i never have heard the noise, i will have to check that out tomorrow.
It could well be that. When the lights are on, the front does get warm. I'll bet that is what it is. I did not realize there was a fan on the radio...Learn something new everyday....
Thanks

I have a 2000 silverado with a stock cd player and I hear the same noise that you are talking about. It is definately some type of cooling fan on the radio. And you'll only hear it when you shut the truck off and the only thing left powered is the radio and the windows.
Matt