1999 Z71 Shocks

Hi All,
I have a 1999 Z71 extended cab short bed. I would like to replace the shocks and want to make sure that I get at least OEM quality and performance. But I
don't want to pay GM what they want for new shocks, can anyone give some recommendations? I drive 95% of the time on the road but I like a firm ride.
Thanks Brian
KYB's MonoMax are stiff road shocks. But pricey.