2 'minor problems' '92 s10 blazer

First of all Happy Snow Day from the Jersey Pines! Second, about a week ago we had some high winds in this area and my wife opened the drivers door and it got away from her. The force of the door caused the top hinge pin to to deform the hole it sits in allowing the door to drop when opened. My question about that is, the hinges appear to be welded to both the door and the door frame. I don't have the money to have a body shop replace the hinges, is it possible to have some one with a welder fasten a plate with a proper size hole in it to the top hinge to take up the slack until Uncle Sam comes through with some money for my disability? The other question, What adhesive should I use to refasten the weather strip at the top of the door? It fastens to the top door frame, but pulled off when I opened the passenger door this morning. It seems to have frozen to the door and pulled off.

Reply to
No Mail Will Be Answered or Op

Sorry about the no sig. My wife distracted me as I was getting ready to spell check and I hit the wrong key.

nomailwillbeopened