2 problems related?

Page 2 of 2

We used Exide batteries for a while when I worked at Wisconsin Gas Company, for any given battery shipment, at least 40% were DOA. They gave us that same spiel 18 years ago, because they knew at the time that their electrolyte was batched wrong. i.e., "defective."
FYI, it's 'Yuasa' not "Yusa"...

Marshy would be interested in replacing batteries because?? (he beats the crap out of 'em instead, I guess that wakes them up or something)

IOWs, head in the sand.

========= ========= Cuda...... kings me buddy....from way back.
anywhooooo....... dropping the battery can, will, has been known to release the caking on the plates from the acid that's accumulated on them.... possibly letting the specific gravity come back close to norm, if not completely to norm. A crap shoot.....yes. But..it will work on some.
~:~ marsh ~pours one fer duh cuda.......refills duh kings glass......guess's he's gonna have to go to the files and find some data..... dammit gumby.....whenever will i ever deuydecimal......oh well~ ~:~
In article < snipped-for-privacy@l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com

How far is that?

I got some cores, I'll play a little this weekend.

I pass by their Pa plant/warehouse at least once a month Marshy.
I used to have a DOA problem with Exide about 30 years ago. But that was then.
Sulfated plates are the most common reason for failed batteries.
The Danville, Pa Dealer's Exchange, actually a dealer auction. Has a concession stand, where the guy chemically remanufactures batteries. He flushes out the acid, puts in what he calls: "A secret chemical" then adds new electrolyte.
Do you guys have anything like that in Florida Marshy?
RK
wrote:

================Cuda...... kings me buddy....from way back.
anywhooooo....... dropping the battery can, will, has been known to release the caking on the plates from the acid that's accumulated on them.... possibly letting the specific gravity come back close to norm, if not completely to norm. A crap shoot.....yes. But..it will work on some.
~:~ marsh ~pours one fer duh cuda.......refills duh kings glass......guess's he's gonna have to go to the files and find some data..... dammit gumby.....whenever will i ever deuydecimal......oh well~ ~:~
Hey Marshy:
I was invited to a technical seminar/Bullshit meeting at Yusa/Exide. They actually said if you have a battery that is gelling up in the winter, or not holding a good charge. To remove the old fluid. Then replace with fresh electrolyte. > I'm sure some of the self righteous will argue, but this was right from Exide. I was invited because I sold over 200 batteries in a year.
RK
PS Some of the self righteous are appropriately kill filed. ============================ FINALLY...........SOMEONE WITH BONDO FOR BRAINS !!!
:)
THE KING HAS SPOKEN.......... LONG LIVE THE KING..............
~:~ marsh ~takes a sip of his crownroyal........overnights a new Devilbiss to the king~ ~:~
In article < snipped-for-privacy@k39g2000hsf.googlegroups.co m>,

Elvis?

Sata ;-)~
LOL
You da man!
RK
PS Have any of your techs tried to get the keys out of a Volvo lately?

Marsh Monster wrote:

So you like to destroy your batteries quickly and often. I rarely go through batteries due to PROPER care, topping off with distilled water and only when the cells are low (topping off, not your insane comment about just dumping water in without checking, doing some strong hallucinogen, huh?). I have never had to take a battery in for a warranty replacement. Mine last years longer than the warranty. My Toyota OE battery lasted 8 years with proper care. The GMC lasted 7 years before it needed replacing (it took me 5 years to get more than 25,000 miles on it and sat unused for weeks at a time).
BTW, with no service (other than the initial charge and driving it for a few days) the battery is now holding a charge. Whatever was running it down is not doing that. It only discharged overnight for 2 days. Now it is doing fine. Still have the error code showing up regularly. As soon as I get some time I need to check the two sensors the code indicates.