2 wheel drive button stays on

Hi Everyone, I bought my 1997 Gmc Jimmy a few weeks ago. I wasn't completly comfortable driving it at night until tonight : } So, i never noticed till tonight that the 2 wheel drive button stays lite up all the time.
On the dashboard there are 3 buttons. One for 4 wheel drive Hi One for 4 wheel drive Lo and then the 2 wheel drive Hi . I notice it isn't real bright but the 2 wheel button stays on. What i'm wondering is that normal or something i should have checked out? Thanks, Kimberly

real
Normal.
-
That is Normal you want to be in 2 Wheel Drive...My wife has a 1998 Chevy Blazer 4x4(yours and her's are the same Truck) and the 2 Wheel Drive Button stay's lite all the Time and when she use's the 4 Wheel Drive(4x4) the Button is lite up also...You use 4 Wheel Drive(4x4) OffRoading in Muddy type Condition's,also in the Winter Time you would use 4 Wheel Drive(4x4) When there is Snow and Ice Hope This Help's
Ironworker's Are Always =-HIGH-
: Hi Everyone, : I bought my 1997 Gmc Jimmy a few weeks ago. I wasn't completly : comfortable driving it at night until tonight : } So, i never noticed : till tonight that the 2 wheel drive button stays lite up all the time. : On the dashboard there are 3 buttons. One for 4 wheel drive Hi One for : 4 wheel drive Lo and then the 2 wheel drive Hi . I notice it isn't real : bright but the 2 wheel button stays on. : What i'm wondering is that normal or something i should have checked : out? : Thanks, Kimberly :
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the help!!!!!! Kimberly
Don't have quite the same thing but probably you can switch from 2 hi to 4 hi or back with relative impunity but probably have to have the truck rolling very slowly with the transmission in neutral to switch into or out of 4 lo.

With the Electronic Shifting 4x4 That has the Dash Button's you can shift on the Fly or Stopped either way is ok