200 silverado 1500 fuel pump

Hey all,

I have a 2000 silverado 1500 z71 with 89k miles. I never run the truck und er 1/4 tank of fuel. I recently noticed the fuel pump has a considerable w hine that can be heard 30' from the truck when running. Does this mean the pump is soon to fail? Should I get it and the sending unit replaced? Sen ding unit has been acting up for years so I figure might as well do them bo th.

TIA

Reply to
dh