2000 dually light switch problem- do you have the answer?

This is for my internet-less friend so bear with me! The truck is a 2000 model Chevy 2500? dually with a few extra light on the top of the cab, and I believe the fog lights are aftermarket and wired in to the
same circuit as the regular parking/instrument lights. This truck has had 3 new light switches replaced as faulty. Each time the switch works fine for a few months then the switch dies again. Quite irritating to the owners. I have the feeling that the switch is overheating due to the few extra lights (especially the fog lights, which definitely should operate using a relay) pulling a couple of amps too many through the switch. Comments on this anyone? Is there any sort of known problems with this switch? It is the 2 position rotary switch, grey plastic knob, found on the left side of the steering wheel. The instrument panel dimmer is not a part of the switch itself. Thanks for any help guys!
I agree with the too many amps of current. What is probaly happening is that you are getting alot of bounce and its burning up the switch. either you need to get a higher current stitch or have your friend wire up the fog lights seperate. JM$.02, I was also a electronics student so im half knowedable.