2000 dually light switch problem- do you have the answer?

This is for my internet-less friend so bear with me! The truck is a

2000 model Chevy 2500? dually with a few extra light on the top of the cab, and I believe the fog lights are aftermarket and wired in to the same circuit as the regular parking/instrument lights. This truck has had 3 new light switches replaced as faulty. Each time the switch works fine for a few months then the switch dies again. Quite irritating to the owners. I have the feeling that the switch is overheating due to the few extra lights (especially the fog lights, which definitely should operate using a relay) pulling a couple of amps too many through the switch. Comments on this anyone? Is there any sort of known problems with this switch? It is the 2 position rotary switch, grey plastic knob, found on the left side of the steering wheel. The instrument panel dimmer is not a part of the switch itself. Thanks for any help guys!
Reply to
Robbie Wilson