2000 GM Z71 Advice

new to the group - sold the ford for a used gm any problem areas to watch for? - 60K miles need tires - want 285's instead of 265's - how do you recalibrate the
speedo/ computer? power windows bind at the half way point both sides - any tips? outside door handle doesn't return back after door is opened - any fixes? does the "locking diff" require additive like limited slip when changing fluid?
Thanks in advance Danno
Hey Danno, Dealer will recalibrate computer for your new tire size. Power window..problem.... Mine binds on passenger side...dealer lubes it and says reg. is fine. I noticed a big difference in just using Armorall all on the weather stripping. Mine was squealing like a pig before. My driver side broke yesterday morning (was otherwise ok..till then). Dealer fixed it today, it cost me approx. $450 (Canadian) for new regulator and installation. Yeah new Regulator was $278 + installation and yeah the 15% taxes. Anyway it now works better than ever. Oh yeah truck is a 2000 GMC sierra SLE 4x4. Warranty ran out this past March (3 years was up) still only 59,800 km on odometer. I had the fluid changed in my locking diff (G80) last year... dealer added the "special fluid". Apparently according to users of this group (thanks Shiden for letting me in on this) that the additive is no longer needed. As for that..everything is fine..oh yeah..Piston slap is another concern...mine just started last winter. Apparently no big deal....after warm up its gone. Truck works like new. No problem otherwise....that I can think of right now. Cheers, Glenn