2000 GMC Jimmy keeps running (sometimes -- intermittent)

About once in every five times i drive my 2000 GMC Jimmy, it keeps running after I turn the key to the off position. The dashboard goes out (all of the gauges stop working, too) but the engine keeps right on running. The first time this happened I pulled the fuse to the ECM and it stopped right away.

Here's the really odd part: out of desperation, I tried every button in the cab the next time it happened. Lo and behold, turning the hazard light on and off kills the engine. I also noticed that sometimes I'll have my foot on the brake when I turn the engine off, and the engine will keep running until I take my foot off the brake.

This may be related, I don't know: the right turn signal comes on an stays on (doesn't blink). I tried replacing the blinker module behind the glove compartment, but that didn't change anything. Left turn signal works, and occasionally blinks fast like there's a bulb out, then goes back to normal after a while. All the bulbs are fine.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
MatheoDJ

Bad multifunction switch in the column.