2000 GMC Sierra 1500 problem

Page 2 of 2

Hi Calhoun, I understand now how the tests in my state work also. I found a link below:
http://vehicletest.state.ma.us/faqs.html
I noticed that it says that disconnecting the battery may lead to a 'test incomplete' result, so I guess I will drive the 200 or so miles and see how it goes. Thank you for the info.
Joe
The emissions warranty adivse is great. it's true most emissions components DO have a Federal Warranty that most dealers don't want you to know about.
I found this info from http://www.smogtips.com /
Quote from SmogTips.com recent e-mail page... "I can suggest however, that you look into a Federal Law which states that if a vehicle fails a smog test due to a defective emissions component which is not 5 years old, the manufacturer is required to replace the component free of charge. I don't want you to quote me on this, but you should definitely talk to your local dealership's shop manager about it. You can get more information from the Bureau of Automotive Repairs (800)952-9210."

Thanks for that link. I am going to see if I pass the inspection first and if not, I will take it to the dealer. Since I already had the sensor replaced, I should be OK for this year.
Joe