2000 Jimmy Bonk

When I park the Jimmy and get out of the vehicle I hear a bonk or boink noise from underneath. This happens 2 to 20 secs after stopping. What could this be?

Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:35:04 -0330

Does it bonk AFTER you turn the motor off of while it's still running?
If it happens after shutoff it's probably your muffler just making some racket as it starts to cool, pretty common on the Blazer/Jimmy/S-10/Sonoma w/4.3 and huge-ass muffler.
Doc

It happens after shutdown. I was thinking it was the exhaust but I've owned a lot of different vehicles over the past 30 years of driving and never heard the likes before. :>
>> When I park the Jimmy and get out of the vehicle I hear a bonk or boink >> noise from underneath. This happens 2 to 20 secs after stopping. What >> could this be?
> Does it bonk AFTER you turn the motor off of while it's still running?
> If it happens after shutoff it's probably your muffler just making some > racket as it starts to cool, pretty common on the Blazer/ Jimmy/S-10/ > Sonoma w/4.3 and huge-ass muffler.
> Doc
>> Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:35:04 - >> 0330
>> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.1
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:24:16 -0330

Guess I was "lucky" then. I was 10ft away and it startled me.
>>> Does it bonk AFTER you turn the motor off of while it's still running?
>>> If it happens after shutoff it's probably your muffler just making >>> some racket as it starts to cool, pretty common on the Blazer/ Jimmy/ >>> S-10/ Sonoma w/ >>> 4.3 and huge-ass muffler.
>>> Doc
>> Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:24:16 -0330
>> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.1
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:48:23 -0330